CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

1st Day of School Crayon Wreath



I wanted to make decorations for the back to school lunch and so I made these VERY EASY wreaths.

I used the middles of 2 embroidery hoops. The big one is 12 inches and the small one is 8 inches.

I used almost all of the 64 pack of crayons to hot glue around the hoops.

I used LOCKER TALK to cut out the scissors at 5 inches and then embossed the bottom of them with silver embossing powder.

I used my black cricut marker to draw my ruler at 3 inches. Then I changed back to my blade and cut out the ruler.

I used the marker again to draw the Report card at 5 inches and then cut it out.
A+ was cut at 1 inch

The word "Trajan" (my children's school) was cut using All Mixed Up with the Design Studio software so I could weld parts of the word and make it smaller than 1 inch.

"Elementary"is Alphalicious.

The apple was cut out with Doodlecharms at 2 1/2 inches.
I glued the things that I had cut onto the wreath and added some curling ribbon and glued the scissors on top of that. You could put your child's teachers name on it instead of the schools name for a really cute 1st day of school gift. I usually give these to my kids teachers at the end of the year but I was not prepared last year so I am doing it now... Better late then never right?

14 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

OMGosh Jenny, this is absolutely the cutest teacher project I have EVER seen. Very creative!!!

Sarah said...

AWESOME! Who's cool cart is that!

Sarah

Tifany said...

Very cool project! What a neat idea. I haven't seen much with Locker Talk, but I like what you did. I really like the ruler, especially.

Monique Griffith said...

Hey Jenny, I just found your blog. What a CUTE, cute, and did I say CUTE project!!! That is so creative! I love Locker Talk, and have some LT stuff on my blog too. It's a great cart, isn't it? See ya at the swarm!!
Monique

Wendy said...

This project was highlighted on the Cricut Newsletter this past week. I am sooooo proud of you. Your work is always so creative and awesome. Congratulations! xoxoxowendy

Tifany said...

YOU'RE FAMOUS!!! Yay! Way to go! (Okay, I know you already told me about it, but I am excited that I actually SAW it this morning!) Did your Storybook cartridge come yet???

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Summerhays said...

STORYBOOK, wow, you are spoiled. Congrats on being a rock star. I always knew you rocked. :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my goodness Jenny! This is AMAZING! I love it! Sooooooooo creative!

Lisa Dones said...

I caught your project in the Cricut Newsletter! Congrats to you :o) This gift is darling. My youngest in in his last year of elementary school. I am really going to miss the special teacher gifts. It just isn't the same in middle and high school.

Janis said...

You mean my dearest friend is now famous??? WoooooooHooooooo!!
You go girl!! Remember that I knew you first, before all your swarmers..... :)~

Love ya! By the way, darling crayon wreath!

QweenDavia said...

this is so darn cute now there is another cart that I want! LOL the list just grows! congrats on being in the news letter!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I remember when you made an even
simpler wreath when your oldest
was in Kindergarten. WOW! Your creativity and imagination never
ceases to amaze me! God has definately given you so many gifts
and talents to share with all of us. I enjoyed looking around at
your Blog and all the pictures made
me smile : )

Squelly said...

Love it and your site!! Thanks for sharing and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bug too!!