CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Teacher Gift~ Wordbook














































I have to give a huge shout out to Monique (http://monkeydoodlecricut.blogspot.com/) for her inspiration and wordbook cutfile! I am now totally obsessed with them and I can think of ANY occasion that could warrant a wordbook! THANKS MONIQUE!
This is my first one that I have made. It is for Mrs. Peart who is my daughters AMAZING teacher. I am so blessed to have the most amazing teachers for my kids this year! The colors that I chose are perfect for her! She is bright and fun! If you haven't had a chance to make a wordbook you should try!
I first cut out the pages of the book out of CEREAL BOXES! (I started using my chipboard but I was having to do multiple cuts and every so often it would get off and ruin my chipboard!) So I switched to cereal boxes and I don't really notice a difference in stability!
Here is the part that makes is so easy! I cut out the 1st page with the paper that want to cover the letter "P page" with (for this book). Then I take the paper that I want to cover the "E page" with and FLIP IT UPSIDE DOWN and cut the "P page" again. Then flip the paper so that the pattern shows again and then cut the "E page". That way the paper will be the same on both sides of the paper. (*if you will notice that I DID NOT do this for the first page of the book, but I figured it out for the rest of the pages!!!!)
I wrote on each mat what size picture to put in so that it would still have a border around the picture.

I used George for the rectangle, Base Camp for the letters, Home Accents for the embellishments, and Stone Script for the words on the last page. I used glossy accents from Tim Holtz to glue and to make the work "FAMILY" shinny.

I am almost finished with the other Teacher wordbook and then I will post that too! Thanks for stopping by...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Can I get that cut file too?? ;) I want to try this out!!

Katie Gossell

Janice said...

You are absolutely amazing!! That is e very lucky teacher to get that!! How fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Holly Cow! I've wanted to do one of these but didn't know how. I'm a bit slow. Super dang cute!! I'll have to give it a try!

Sharon Caudle said...

Jenny, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! She's going to go bonkers over this! YOU ROCK girlie!!!! LOVE IT!!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Jenny, this is so gorgeous. She will absolutely love it. Awesome work!!